In response to recent events, our business has implemented the following conditions which may be of interest to you. It outlines our efforts and temporary changes to our business that aim to protect our team, and the public from the spread of the coronavirus. We have a plan in place to continue business operations with minimal business impact. As follows:
Health and Safety
You may see our operations, business hours and service modified to ensure everyone on our team and your health and safety above all else
We are introducing strict cleaning, quality control and hygiene procedures across our business to prevent the spread within our own offices.
Our team are practicing good hygiene measures including carrying personal hand sanitiser and self-quarantining if they are unwell.
Meetings/Face to Face
We've removed all non-essential contact across our company. And any required meetings such as routine inspections, that we have between our team or with customers is strictly no contact.
We are requesting that if you have symptoms or are a confirmed case that you notify our staff so we can prepare and act accordingly.
Understandably a lot of people aren't offering their homes to be open to the public at this time. We're aiming to get as many buyers as possible through the homes on the terms of the homeowners and tenants without risking their health and safety. And we'll aim to be consistently communicating the current situation with interested parties so please register your interest if you're still looking to visit opens or open your home.
We're following the real estate institutes advice for all public events such as open homes, auction and rental viewings which are as follows:
• Have hand sanitiser available for use by anyone viewing the property/attending an auction
• Display COVID-19 information and hygiene notices at the property/auction, including a statement at the entrance saying that:
• Those who are feeling unwell may not enter the open home/auction
• Anyone who has returned from abroad or has been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days should be self-isolating and may not enter the property
• For private viewings of open homes, the above information should be emailed to attendees in advance
• Auction attendees should fill out an attendee register (regardless of whether they intend to bid or not) so that they can be contacted at a later date if needed. The same is true of open-home attendees
• If a person who attended an open home/rental viewing/auction tests positive for COVID-19, other people who attended the open home/rental viewing/auction may need to be contacted
• Agents should consider requiring pre-registration of auction attendees. This way, attendees can be emailed relevant COVID-19 information before attending the auction
• Consider opening internal and external doors before the open home/rental viewing commences to minimise the transfer of any bugs
We'll also be taking advantage of digital technologies wherever possible to take tours into safe virtual environments. By digitally delivering media like photos and videos and 3d virtual walkthroughs.
Our team and office
In extension of the government mandated measure we'll be aiming to take it a step further and our team will be working as remotely as possible and sending all non-essential personal to work from home. This will potentially cause some delays in service and we appreciate your patience as we proceed through this.
Tenants and Landlords
We're aiming to prioritise and limit the number of non-essential repairs and tasks across our property management portfolio. This means some repair tasks may be delayed while the government requires limited contact and social isolation. If you see a tradesmen please notify them if you have COVID-19 symptoms or are a confirmed case.
All of our team members are following the government requirements for self-isolation in the prescribed circumstances, what to do should symptoms potentially surface that indicate a potential case of the corona virus. All necessary precautions are being taken to keep our team healthy and keep you and your families safe.
Our leadership team has met in depth and will continue to meet daily to monitor developments and react to the current situation, as indicated by the climate and the government. We are in full contact with our remote team and update them as more information becomes available.
Supporting your local businesses
During this time we're asking that you appreciate that our business is run and operated by a team of people who all have their own family and lives to consider and we'll be doing our best to continue business operations as usual, but recommending that our staff put their own families and lives ahead of work, where required. And hopefully together we can all make a difference and help each other through this difficult period.
If you need to talk to an agent today to discuss selling in a difficult time we're available on the below number and happy to guide you through with any advice we can offer.
We have and will continue to take this situation seriously and endeavour to help the local community wherever possible. Thank you for your continued support whilst we do so.
Managing Director / Licensee
(08) 9473 7777